Friday, July 2, 2010

The Story of a Girl

This will be the name for my new album I'm going to be writing, it's my new project. I realize this leaves many of you very confused. As does every other teenager girl, I as well write songs. This is a new project that I have started already that I think is the right thing to do, and it'll be loads of fun.

Right now I can feel God trying to tell me something. This has been an indescribable past six months where God has completely turned my life around and it's time for me to move forward. I have been thrown off course following what I thought was the right course. Of course I was wrong. But the past month God has really been trying to tell me something. It's not that I'm ignoring him or avoiding him, It's just that I can't get it. I feel as if what ever he is trying to tell me is right in front of my face and I am just too blind to see it.

This which brings me to my new project here. The shorter story is, my heart not right with God resulted in me loosing my musical abilities. Get right with God and it comes back. Ok, we're on the same page right? Good, time to move on. This being said, i had written a chorus to a song right before I decided that I wasn't going to be friends with God anymore. That resulted in nothing, I had this spiffy chorus and no song, just great. Well this past week I really got in check with him and it has been just mind blowing, ironically I am suddenly able to finish that song. I built a song around that chorus and it is the only song I have finished writing.

Now realizing that I have my creative juices and musicality back I am able to finish songs again. I'm not sure where God wants me to go in life at all. As of now I am just living with no direction as to what to do with life, what college to go to etc. Well I have just recently(well like an hour ago) got an idea to write this album about this girl's life. This isn't a story about me, any of my friends or anyone in particular that I know, it's just about a girl. It is going to be the same concept as Flyleaf's Momento Mori. In their album it's throughout the course of a war and every song is a letter from the general. Well in my album it'll be the girl's life and events of her life. I know many artist write songs about people's lives from birth till death, but mine will be an album. The story will start from her birth and end with her death. Cover he childhood, her teens, her adult life and herself as an elder. It'll really focus on the struggles of her life, growing up mom a christian and father a drunk. Being a christian and being in high school. The death of close family. In the end it will result it will be a testimony of her walk with God.

This is extremely
random for me to do such a project. One with such a movement and a focus and such a story. But like I said, I don't know what God is trying to tell me to do. But the fact that I have this picture of this album at the same time that I am begging God to show me what I am to do might be my answer. I honestly still do not know. But I will write this album, not knowing how long it will be or how long it will take, never mind me really having to learn to play guitar. I will leave this up to God and have him work through me. Cause if anyone knows me they know I don't just come up so randomly with an idea as such. I am feeling it's my answer but I can not be sure this early, I will continue to pray and move on with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment