Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blog

Well I was going to write a new blog tonight but I obviously have not. I was halfway done writing it then decided that it was stupid and contradicting it's self so I got rid of it. Do not worry about it, nothing special.
But right now I am listening to some music and I can not help but wonder what people were on when they wrote some of this music. Never mind what I was on downloading it and enjoying it. Because music has such an influence on people, more so on the person who is listening to it rather the one who wrote it.
I am currently listening to "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" by Usher. It is a good song from the out side. Has a nice beat to it, catchy chorus that makes you want to sing it over and over again. But that is the problem. The chorus:
"cause baby tonight, dj's got us fallin in love again, so dance dance, like it's the last last night of your life life, gonna get you right, cause baby tonight dj's got us fallin in love again"
That is a decent chorus with no harm intended, it could be meant for numerous things. It is the actual lyrics that are the problem:
"hands up when the music drops, we both put our hands up, put your hands on my body, swear i've seen you before"
In my opinion it is pretty self explanatory what is wrong with that. I do not think that us, as a people, understand what we are putting into ourselves. I am obviously one of those people because I am listening to it. I just think that we all need to take a second look at what we listen to. If anything even out your secular music to christian music. There needs to be more God on our iPods, Zunes ect.
You reap what you sew, so be careful what you put into yourself because at some point eventually it will come right back out with out you even noticing. Just a thought for the night, try sleeping on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment